Thursday, April 28, 2011

Law School Widow Pasta

...a.k.a. The Pioneer Woman's Spaghetti with Artichoke Hearts and Tomatoes

Since Will is currently in the throes of finals, I think sharing this recipe is only appropriate.

I call it "Law School Widow Pasta" because I discovered it during Will's first year of law school, when I effectively lost my husband. Will studied in the library until midnight almost every night, and he usually didn't get home until 1 a.m. That was really hard, but I tried to make the best of it, and now I'm grateful that all of the hard work paid off!

This pasta is the perfect complement to a relaxing evening. Honestly, I only make this when I've had a long day and I have a plan to completely enjoy the evening with a great book or a movie I've wanted to watch. It's special. It's really my favorite comfort meal.

I borrowed this picture is from the Pioneer Woman's website, because every time I make this pasta I end up eating it and forget to take a picture.
I don't change much from her recipe, so you can look at it on her website. I love her picture-based directions because the visuals make trying a new recipe easier. And the pictures are just so pretty.

I do recommend using artichoke hearts chopped into quarters, instead of whole. Also, I add 1/2 -1 teaspoon of flour to keep the sauce from being too thin. Once you add the cream, make sure to bring the sauce to just a boil, then it should thicken more as it cools.

When I make this now, I share it with Will. I laugh because he asks, "Oh, are you making Law School Widow Pasta tonight? Yes!" It's nice how some things change. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment