Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The Best Pancake Recipe I've Ever Tried.

I'm trying to make the most of my time and become a better cook, so I make a lot of recipes. I comb through cooking blogs and cooking websites. Then I try recipes, obsessively adjusting each one until I think it's perfect. Have you seen the amount of cooking blogs out there? There. Are. So. Many.

So, I'm going to start sharing recipes that I've tried and we love. Hopefully you won't have to waste as much time as I do combing through cooking websites! (Ok, so I love it.)

love recommendations for everything from books to recipes, so if you have some I hope you'll share them, too. This way, everybody avoids recipe let-down!

Here is Will and my favorite pancake recipe, slightly adapted from AllRecipes.com.  My sister once requested these at 10:30 p.m., and I make it often enough that I memorized the recipe.


Best Pancakes.

1 1/2 c. Flour
3 1/2-4 tsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Salt
1 heaping Tb. Sugar

1 1/4 c. milk
1 egg

4 Tb. melted butter


1. Sift the first four dry ingredients together, then use a whisk to make a well in the bowl.


I use this steel strainer to sift. Why? Because I already have it. Also, from my experience sifters like this are difficult to clean when flour builds up, plus they break easily. The people I know who have them say they hardly use theirs, but if anyone has a recommendation here let me know!

Mix the egg and milk together (I just mix them in the measuring cup).

Do not mix the butter in with these two. That will cause lumps. The cooler egg and milk solidify the butter. I have tried and it's better when you add them separately.



Whisk the milk mixture into the flour mixture. After you pour all of the milk mixture and the flour is more (but not all the way) incorporated, add the melted butter. Whisk it together, but do not over mix.

Let the pancake batter sit for a few minutes before cooking so the batter will thicken and the pancakes will be fluffy.

To pour the pancakes, I use a 1/4 c. measuring cup. It makes perfect little circles that are easy to flip.

Or there is this option.

May the force be with you.

*Note, I may not always post pictures with recipes, because this blog is not a cooking blog and I am lazy. But this time it was fun and I hope the visuals make up for my tedious instructions. When you try this recipe, you'll find they are worth it! Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment