Friday, September 10, 2010

Wamy Update

You probably already know about Will getting in to Cal and us moving to Berkeley, but it's catch up time! Below is the most recent list of Wamy updates.

Since I last posted:

1. Will wrapped up his first year of law school with A's in all of his classes - I'm so proud of him!

2. Will also landed a summer internship at PricewaterhouseCoopers.  Their office is down the street from the capitol, so we carpooled and let me tell you - when you work full time, few things are better than beginning and ending the day with your favorite person. Sharing coffee, discussing the news on NPR, impromptu sing-alongs to Mix 96.1, and spontaneous lunch dates made this summer memorable.

Another great summer memory:

We took our nephew, Braeden, to the Sacramento Zoo! 
Taken on the way home.  I think it does a good job illustrating that we had a good time.
Ok, ok.  Last picture of Braeden in this post.  Bath time. So cute.
3. Will was unstoppable. He applied and was accepted to UC Berkeley Law!  We were so excited! We found out on a Friday and were able to celebrate with good friends that night. The school is ranked #7 overall, but is #1 for Intellectual Property Law - which is what Will wants to go into!

Cheers! From left: Michelle's hand, Biran, Brad, Kimy, Doug and Will celebrating. 
4.  ... So I quit my job and we moved to Berkeley.  It seems few people are privileged enough to enjoy their jobs, and fewer still work with such wonderful people.  I loved my job and I miss my co-workers, but this opportunity was too amazing to pass up.  I am currently looking for jobs and enjoying the increased down time.


Currently:

1. We're loving life here.  I'll post more about Berkeley living soon.

I have plenty of time to explore right now, and this is one of the places I recently checked out. 



No comments:

Post a Comment