Thursday, October 28, 2010

I am now a brunette. Mostly.

I add "mostly" because Will thinks I'm still blonde due to the fact that I have partial highlights. Before I expand on that, let's get to the goods! Here are some pictures of the new 'do:

First picture of my new hair.  Not bad, right? I am really liking it!

Later, I'm still feeling pretty cute so I take another picture.  This one.  For purely narcissistic reasons. Don't judge me.  
After seeing how stupidly white (and nerdy) I look, I take another picture without the flash (or the glasses.)
... So if this is what I look like in the light of our living room, I can kind of see why Will thinks I'm still blonde.  The highlights really amplify the halo effect, but I think it is still mostly brown.

When I describe women's hair I'm specific. I describe my hair as "brown with some highlights." To Will, my hair is blonde. (!)

I think this is crazy because after seeing super blonde hair in the mirror everyday, this is a drastic change. However, for Will the hair color spectrum is just: "black, brown, blonde, grey and that gross, Christina Aguilera-multicolored hair." 

I've noticed most men classify hair colors this generally. I don't think a certain way of explaining hair color is superior, women just tend to be more specific. Take this blog.  I practically wrote a novel.  If Will could edit this, he'd say "Kamy dyed her hair. It looks different." 

That it does! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment