I love Berkeley weather. Most of the time it's not too hot, not too cold, and there's enough sun for a trip to the park or a walk through town.
This is Codornices Park. A.k.a "The Park of Dreams"
| Groovy cement slide. |
We call this "The Park of Dreams" because it is so idyllic and always a pleasure to visit. My friend A.J. introduced me to this place, and I took this photo one afternoon when she and I were hanging out there.
We were laying on blankets and talking, and after a while we noticed the crew above nearby. He's playing the guitar, she's knitting, and the children are playing. What a happy way to spend the day!
This park is everything one wants in a Park of Dreams, and more...
Wait, what is this kid doing? Is that a... shield?
Wait, what is this kid doing? Is that a... shield?
OMG! It is! L.A.R.P.ERS!
In case you are not a nerd, L.A.R.P. stands for Live Action Role Play. Apparently this is different from Dungeons and Dragons, which I did not know. L.A.R.P.ers dress up and have pretend wars and kingdoms, complete with elaborate rules, in-game currency, and mathematical systems for calculating battle damage.
We definitely watched a documentary about this after seeing these kids. It's called Darkon. While it was informative, I don't highly recommend it because I found the people in it depressing, haha.
Their intense battle raged on while A.J. and I chatted happily, soaking up the sunshine. But apparently we weren't the only people with that plan.
I kid you not, while the L.A.R.P.ers are still going crazy, this guy shows up and makes himself comfortable close by.
Maybe he was sunning himself, or maybe he was just doing yoga. Who knows? Either way I think he was hilarious. Gotta love these Berkeley characters!
| Why, hello! |
This is another Berkeley Character we call Courtney. This is how she greets me, and I feel loved. Oh, and that is my sister I'm talking to on the phone. Sorry Jen, I think you understand.
These are my Berkeley Women, and I love them.
| A.J., Courtney and me. I stole this photo from A.J. because it's just such a good one! |
This was taken at Tilden Park, which is another great destination close to home.
Here are Courtney and A.J.'s husband, Tom, playing Frisbee on a sunny afternoon.
Will played too, but I didn't get a sweet action shot. Sorry, love.
I love this picture. These are two amazing women, and they have been best friends for years!
| Baaaa |
I also love this picture (and it was also taken from A.J.). We were visiting baby animals at Tilden Park's "Little Farm." Naturally, this gave Courtney the opportunity she needed to practice her sheep-speak.
It's always nice to end a day at the park with a beautiful walk home.
| Oh hi, A.J.! |
No comments:
Post a Comment